Monday, April 9, 2012

Christian, do your job!

Christian, do your job!

Ezekiel 33:11 “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?”

Ezekiel was priest who had been taken captive by Nebuchadnezzar. He was now an exile in Babylon, when God called him to be a prophet. In this chapter, God addresses the watchmen of Israel, who have the task of warning the people about trouble ahead. He tells Ezekiel, that God has set him to be a watchman. With that appointment comes responsibility. The watchman must faithfully pass on the message God gives him, otherwise the consequences will be on his own head.

While this sounds as though God has bad plans for his people, the opposite is true. God actually has good plans (Jeremiah 29:11). The problem is that mankind is inherently evil and wanting to do his own thing and not be obedient to the way God would like him to live. God's way brings good results, man's way brings trouble.

God sets people (pastors, leaders, you, me) in positions as watchmen to warn his people to turn from their wicked ways and come into alignment with the way the Lord would have them live. Then the Lord will bless them and take care of them (Matthew 6:33). When the watchman does not do his job, though, the Lord will deal with him. Check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFZ1pt0WX5c&feature=related%20

“Lord, help me to be a witness and fulfil my responsibility toward my fellowman. May I not be responsible for my brother not being saved, because I kept silent”

No comments: